MIAMI - FPL has been quick to dispel a rumor that quickly made the rounds after Hurricane Irma battered South Florida.
Many believed the power company would reimburse them for food lost during power outages.
- Local 10's Care Force ready to bring relief to South Florida Irma victims
- Broward County parks waive entrance fees this weekend
- Lawsuit filed seeking records involving deaths of 8 Hollywood nursing…
- Rollover crash reported at Miami intersection without working traffic lights
- Miami Beach landmark to close after 72 years due to Irma
However, that rumor is false and FPL wants to make sure residents understand that reimbursements are not made as a result of natural disasters.
While some homeowner's insurance policies may allow for recovery of spoiled food due to a hurricane, FPL is not responsible for acts of nature.
Copyright 2017 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.