MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. - Miami-Dade County Commissioner Jose Diaz and other local mayors set up seven drop-off locations for donations to help the victims of the Fuego Volcano eruption in Guatemala.
Diaz is also working on legislation along with Commissioner Javier Souto to provide more humanitarian relief. Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez, Miami-Dade Fire Department Chief Downey and Metro-Dade Firefighters Local 1403 collected firefighter equipment.
More Guatemela Headlines
- South Florida volunteers aim to provide relief to survivors of volcano…
- Here is how to help victims of volcano in Guatemala
- Head of Guatemala's disaster agency facing calls to resign
- Baby rescued from volcano rubble reunited with family
- Images show destruction caused by Guatemala volcano
- Homes are buried in ash and he still can't find his wife
- More than 190 missing after Guatemala volcano eruption
- Rescuers brave scalding ash as Guatemala volcano toll rises
- Why is Guatemala's volcanic eruption so much deadlier than Hawaii's?
Commissioners say there is a dire need for masks, canned food, antibiotics, disinfectants, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, infant and adult diapers, medicines for respiratory infections, laundry detergent, feminine hygiene products, brushes, toothpaste, first aid kits and painkillers.
Here is the list of the seven drop-off locations:
Doral: This drop-off location is open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Morgan Levy Park, 5300 NW 102 Ave.
Hialeah: This drop-off location is open from 1:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday and from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Goodlet Park, 4200 W. 8 Ave.
Medley: This drop-off location is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at 7777 NW 72 Ave.
Sweetwater: This drop-off location is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday at the Jorge Mas Canosa Park at 250 SW 114 Ave.
Virginia Gardens: This drop-off location is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 6498 NW 38 Terr.
Hialeah Gardens: This drop-off location is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 13501 NW 107 Ave.
Commissioner Jose "Pepe" Diaz District Office: This drop-off location is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at 8345 NW 12 St.
Copyright 2018 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.