Here is what we know about victims and survivors of FIU bridge collapse
Miami-Dade authorities report 5 bodies under concrete, 1 dead at hospital
SWEETWATER, Fla. – Authorities were still moving debris at the site of the pedestrian bridge collapse early Saturday morning. They were searching for bodies near Florida International University. Six people were confirmed dead.
FIU student Richie Humble said he was trapped inside a car with his friend Alexa Duran. She had taken him to a doctor's appointment and they were on their way back when the concrete fell on the driver's side of the car. A group of men helped him to get out. Duran died.
Sen. Marco Rubio visited some of the patients. The Miami-Dade Police Department has yet to confirm the identities of the victims.
Here is what we know about the victims and survivors:
- Miami-Dade Police Director Juan Perez said crews located five bodies trapped under the rubble.
- Ecuadorean consulate announced Duran, 18, was dead.
- VSL Structural Technologies announced Navaro Brown, 37, died. He was rescued on Thursday, but he later died at Kendall Regional Medical Center.
- Police confirmed Oswald Gonzalez, 57 and Alberto Arias, 53 were among the dead.
-Brandon Brownfield's relatives believe he is one of the victims.
- Emily Joy tweeted: "There is no doubt in my mind that God gave me a second chance at life today. Every day is truly a gift."
Copyright 2018 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.