Toddler suffers second-degree burns from boiling water in Hialeah

Boy, 1, flown to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center

By Paradise Afshar - Digital Editor
Headline Goes Here

HIALEAH, Fla. - A 1-year-old boy was burned Monday afternoon after he pulled on a hot plate on which a container of water was boiling, Hialeah Fire Department Capt. Cesar Espinosa said.

The incident took place in the 400 block of East 42nd Street.

Espinosa said the child suffered second-degree burns to his upper torso.

The boy was flown to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center in Miami. 

Copyright 2017 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.