Goodyear Blimp flies over South Florida. Here’s when and where you’ll see it.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Look up! You might see the Goodyear Blimp flying over South Florida.
Goodyear’s Wingfoot Two blimp was soaring above healthcare systems in the area on Friday and is scheduled to be in our skies again Saturday to honor those battling the coronavirus pandemic on the front line.
Saturday is also when South Florida will enjoy a second military flyover in a matter of weeks.
Residents are encouraged to maintain social distance and enjoy the blimp from the safety of their homes.
After visiting the hospitals, the Goodyear Blimp will be over Medalist Golf Club in Hobe Sound on Sunday when Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning play a golf match to raise millions for COVID-19 relief. The blimps have been mostly grounded since major sports went on hold in mid-March, the company says.
On Friday, the blimp began its tour at Cleveland Clinic in Weston before also flying over Mount Sinai, Memorial, Broward Health and Holy Cross.
Its schedule for Saturday (weather permitting) is as follows:
- 11:15 - 11:30 a.m. Depart Pompano Beach base
- 11:30 - 11:45 Overhead Broward Health North
- 11:45 - Noon Travel to Boca Raton Regional Hospital
- 12:00 - 12:15 p.m. Overhead Boca Raton Regional Hospital
- 12:15 - 12:30 Travel to Delray Medical Center
- 12:30 - 12:45 Overhead Delray Medical Center
- 12:45 - 1 Travel to Bethesda Hospital East
- 1 - 1:15 Overhead Bethesda Hospital East
- 1:15 - 1:30 Travel to JFK Medical Center
- 1:30 - 1:45 Overhead JFK Medical Center
- 1:45 - 2 Travel to Saint Mary’s
- 2:00 - 2:15 Overhead Saint Mary’s
- 2:15 Depart Saint Mary’s
Copyright 2020 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.