76ºF

2 students, 1 administrator taken to hospital after accidental mace spray

No evacuations as administrators, officials confirm spray accidental


TAMARAC, Fla. – Two students and one administrator were taken to a hospital Tuesday afternoon after exposure to mace.

According to Broward County Public Schools spokeswoman Nadine Drew, a student had mace in his or her backpack that opened by accident at Millennium 6-12 Collegiate Academy in Tamarac.

Tamarac paramedics took the two students and administrator to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries as a precaution, a Tamarac Fire Rescue official said.

The school was not evacuated, Drew said.


About the Author: